- RSS Channel Showcase 1611280
- RSS Channel Showcase 3312163
- RSS Channel Showcase 1474787
- RSS Channel Showcase 4519564
Articles on this Page
- 06/16/17--12:30: _How to Hack Your Sl...
- 06/21/17--07:25: _How to Build Cultur...
- 06/29/17--08:00: _How to Get the Pres...
- 07/03/17--05:00: _Take Advantage of Y...
- 07/06/17--07:30: _Do You Have a Cultu...
- 07/10/17--06:47: _How to Give Negativ...
- 07/20/17--11:30: _Is it Time to Rethi...
- 07/24/17--13:00: _How to End Your Wor...
- 07/26/17--14:00: _How to Encourage Yo...
- 07/31/17--11:00: _Is Jargon Bad for Y...
- 08/04/17--04:00: _How to Protect Your...
- 08/07/17--05:00: _Trick Your Brain in...
- 08/07/17--09:21: _Great Leaders Build...
- 08/15/17--09:30: _Should You Select C...
- 08/18/17--13:00: _How to Motivate Emp...
- 08/24/17--07:30: _What Transformation...
- 08/29/17--05:00: _Employee Engagement...
- 08/29/17--12:30: _In Employee Motivat...
- 09/04/17--09:00: _How Employee Engage...
- 09/06/17--15:00: _How to Motivate You...
- 09/07/17--11:27: _Intrinsic Motivatio...
- 09/11/17--15:30: _Humility is Key to ...
- 09/18/17--05:00: _3 Powerful Ways to ...
- 09/19/17--06:00: _To Motivate Millenn...
- 09/24/17--11:00: _Employee Engagement...
- 06/16/17--12:30: How to Hack Your Sleep—and Boost Productivity
- 06/21/17--07:25: How to Build Culture Within a Virtual Workforce
- 06/29/17--08:00: How to Get the Press Talking About Your Small Business
- 07/03/17--05:00: Take Advantage of Your Summer Slowdown
- 07/06/17--07:30: Do You Have a Culture of Constant Improvement?
- 07/10/17--06:47: How to Give Negative Feedback (That Actually Gets Results)
- 07/20/17--11:30: Is it Time to Rethink Your Company Culture?
- 07/24/17--13:00: How to End Your Work Day (And Set Up the Next)
- 07/26/17--14:00: How to Encourage Your Employees (Without Being Corny)
- 07/31/17--11:00: Is Jargon Bad for Your Business?
- 08/04/17--04:00: How to Protect Your Employees from Burnout
- 08/07/17--05:00: Trick Your Brain into Getting More Done
- 08/07/17--09:21: Great Leaders Build Cohesive Teams
- 08/15/17--09:30: Should You Select Contractors Over Full-Time Employees?
- 08/18/17--13:00: How to Motivate Employees in a Growing Company
- 08/24/17--07:30: What Transformational Leaders Do Differently
- 08/29/17--05:00: Employee Engagement vs. Employee Experience: What’s the Difference?
- 08/29/17--12:30: In Employee Motivation, Communication is Everything
- 09/04/17--09:00: How Employee Engagement Staves Off Burnout
- 09/06/17--15:00: How to Motivate Your Employees to Take Vacation Days
- 09/07/17--11:27: Intrinsic Motivation and Your Employees
- 09/11/17--15:30: Humility is Key to Transformational Leadership
- 09/19/17--06:00: To Motivate Millennials, You First Must Understand Them
- 09/24/17--11:00: Employee Engagement Starts with Your Leadership
It’s a common misconception—the idea that if you can burn the midnight oil, working a few hours later each evening, you’ll get more done. I’ve never found this to be the case. On the contrary: Giving your mind a break—and allowing your body the sleep that it needs—boosts your energy level, your creativity, and your […]
Culture is the glue that holds your team together. It’s the set of values and goals that aligns everyone within your organization. Culture is unifying, which is part of what makes it so important—especially in workforces that might otherwise be disparate or divided. Case in point: Virtual/remote teams. When your team is spread across different […]
Earning some favorable buzz from the media can be a real boon for your small business. Just one problem: How exactly do you get that buzz? It isn’t always easy, especially since trying too hard to get media attention can make your business seem a bit desperate. With that said, there are some tried and […]
As a Florida motivational speaker, I get to meet entrepreneurs and learn about businesses of all shapes and sizes. One thing I’ve been struck by over the years is just how many small businesses experience seasonal ebb and flow—a lot of busyness during one part of the year, followed by a relative lull. Maybe your […]
Nobody’s perfect. We’ve all heard that old saying, and of course it’s true. But it also comes with an important implication: There is always an opportunity for us to get better. People can grow and improve every day. So can companies—but for that to happen, the company must have a culture that lends itself to […]
I’ve been a motivational speaker for a number of years now, and I have to say: So far, I’ve not met many people who actually like receiving negative feedback. It can be truthful, and it can be necessary, but that doesn’t mean it’s welcome. Sometimes, negative feedback can feel too personal, too nitpicky, or just […]
There’s a reason why company culture has become such a big focus for companies both large and small. Studies show, time and time again, that culture can make or break performance, team cohesion, employee retention, and recruitment. So if you’re thinking about making a proactive move to enhance your company culture, that’s certainly not a […]
The last 15 minutes of your work day are among the most important—because in a very real and direct way, they can determine your success and productivity for the following morning. So let me ask you: Do you leave your office in a mad dash each afternoon, eager to get home to your family? Or […]
All of us need a little encouragement from time to time—and as a team leader, one of the most impactful things you can do is provide your employees with a pat on the back every now and again. To clarify: Encouragement is not the same thing as praise. Praise comes when your employees achieve success. […]
Over time, teams tend to develop their own vocabulary—their own shorthand. This is a natural occurrence, but it’s not always beneficial—especially not when the company’s internal lingo becomes cluttered with jargon; and then, when that internal lingo spills over into dialogue with customers. What are some examples of modern-day business jargon? I’m thinking of phrases […]
All of us have days where we’re not feeling as motivated or as energetic as usual. That’s perfectly normal. But when that aimlessness lasts for days or for weeks, the only name for it is burnout—and when burnout starts spreading to your employees, it can derail the productivity of your entire team. Now, to be […]
Feeling unmotivated this summer? Like you just don’t have the stamina or the focus to get anything done? It’s all in your head. No, really. Your brain plays tricks on you, and sometimes it tries to trick you into being unproductive. But as I tell people all the time, in my role as an executive […]
You may have a lot of exceptional talents in your company—but if those talents aren’t working harmoniously, you don’t truly have a team. The good news is, there is much you can do to bring those talents together into something cohesive and effective. In fact, I’d argue that this is exactly what great leaders do. […]
I’m a big believer in teams—and generally speaking, when we talk about workplace teams, we’re talking about employees. In some cases, though, the best way to build a team is to augment it with contractors and freelancers. Just depending on your need and the stage of company growth you’re in, working with a contractor may […]
The way you motivate your employees can vary greatly according to the size of the company. For example, let’s say you’re running a small family business, and you have just two other people on your team. You probably know them well, have direct relationships with them, and have a pretty good idea of what makes […]
What characterizes a transformational leader? As a motivational speaker and executive coach, this is a question I field time and time again. One of the simplest ways to think about it is this: Rather than merely managing employees, a transformational leader inspires them to excel, to innovate, and to succeed. This is no small distinction, […]
There are different ways for companies to gauge the level of motivation their employees receive—and for a long time, the predominant model has been employee engagement. Recently, though, there’s been a shift in focus, with the term employee experience steadily gaining steam. What do these two concepts mean? How are they similar, and how are […]
There are many ways in which leaders can motivate their team members, some more obvious than others. Certainly, offering bonuses or paid time off can be a great way to keep your employees happy and engaged—but while there’s a time and a place for that, it’s clearly not something you can do every day. That’s […]
Today’s employees are overworked and overstressed. That’s just not my opinion: There are statistics to back it up, including recent reporting from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, plus plenty of anecdotal evidence from business owners around the country. It’s an important issue, not least because it impacts the bottom line of your business: Overwhelmed and […]
You’d think hard-working people wouldn’t need to be told twice to take a vacation—but you’d be surprised. According to some studies, American workers leave more than half their vacation days on the table. That’s a real problem, because it means workers aren’t taking the time they need to refresh themselves and to invest in their […]
When you think of employee motivation, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? For a lot of people, it’s money—and not without reason. Money is one of the primary ways to motivate your team members, whether we’re talking about bonuses or salary increases. And to an extent, it’s also one of the easiest forms […]
Have you ever met someone who was a total showboater? Always boasting, to anyone within earshot, of his or her own accomplishments? That kind of person can be annoying, to put it mildly, and most of us find showboating to be a turnoff. It’s certainly not the sort of behavior that inspires loyalty, or makes […]
It’s a common conundrum—and as a motivational speaker, it’s something I see all the time: Team leaders want to motivate their people, but don’t necessarily have the resources to provide salary bumps or additional PTO days. I’ve written about this at length, because I think it’s a critical problem to address. My basic argument is […]
Millennials are widely perceived to be job hoppers, jumping from position to position in an effort to climb the ladder. This is at odds with the way things were in decades past, when loyalty to a particular employer was a much bigger concern than it is today. And for employers, it can cause some unease: […]
Employee engagement doesn’t actually start with your employees. It starts with you, the leader—with the example you set, the culture you build, the commitment you make to inspiring your team members. As an executive coach, I talk with leaders all the time about the efforts they can make—practical, real-world steps—to boost engagement. Here are a […]